Kindness Rock Challenge!

April 1, 2020

Lower School is sending good vibes, hugs, and love your way today! Check out the great encouragement posters our teachers made with you in mind.

Kindess Rock Challenge!
I’d like to challenge your family to participate in an activity that’s completely fun, therapeutic, and will leave our neighborhoods and the Tucson community feeling loved and cared for. From April 1 – April 12 (Easter), pick out a plain old rock from your yard, paint it, write an encouraging word or phrase on it (or just paint a picture) and place it in your neighborhood where someone will be able to see it. Everyone could use a random act of kindness right about now! Maybe there is an elderly neighbor who lives down the street that could use some cheer, or maybe you’ll find the perfect spot to leave your rock for someone else to find while walking with your family. There is no wrong way to go about it! Here are some simple instructions to participate:

1. Pick a rock from your yard, preferably one that fits in your hand and isn’t too heavy
2. Paint your rock using acrylic paint and include an inspirational message/word/picture
3. Write “Keep it, share it, or leave it for another” on the back (sharpies work great!)
4. Seal it (if possible) with Mod Podge or nail polish (clear coat)
5. Take a picture of your rock and email me at mhart@stmichael.net
6. Find the perfect spot for your rock in your neighborhood!

I hope you will participate! We will be posting rock pictures on our FB page over the next two weeks. Here are the two rocks my mom and I painted today. Can’t wait to see your rock creations. Happy painting!

Warm Regards,
Mandy Hart
Division Director – Lower School (K-4)