Holy Week

April 5, 2020

There were a lot of things I wanted to accomplish during this Lenten season; engage in daily scripture readings and purposeful prayer, develop a consistent exercise routine, and take time each day to be grateful for the gifts in my life. I must admit, COVID-19 has been quite a distraction, and I’ve found myself thinking more about social distancing and making runs to the grocery store than I have about the meaning of Lent. As we begin Holy Week, I encourage you to take time every day to give thanks for the wonderful talents, gifts, and blessings in your life. Despite what social media would have us believe, there is so much to be thankful for. St. Michael’s is definitely on my list!

This week will be a short week due to Easter Break. There will be no school Thursday – Monday (4.9-4.13). On behalf of the lower school faculty and staff, we wish you and your family a wonderful Easter.

Challenge Success (CS), a non-profit organization at Stanford’s Graduate School of Education, has provided guidance to schools across the nation regarding student well being and engagement with learning. I had the privilege of speaking with the founders of CS at the National Association of Independent Schools conferences in 2018/2019 and 2019/2020. CS recently posted an interesting article that encourages families to use this unprecedented time to “make strong family relationships” a priority and “broaden your definition of learning.” To access the article, click here.

Keep sending in those kindness rock pictures! They are really looking beautiful, and so creative!

Warm regards,
Mandy Hart
Division Director – Lower School