Teacher Appreciation Week

May 3, 2020

“A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove…but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child.” – Forest E. Witcraft (teacher/scholar)

I hope this post finds all of you healthy, and feeling motivated to finish strong as we enter the last two weeks of remote learning. In honor of Teacher Appreciation Week, I’d like to dedicate this post to our amazing classroom teachers.

As the lower school head, I have the good fortune to witness great teaching in action every day. It’s an exclusive look into the hard work and dedication that goes into designing challenging lessons and implementing effective instruction on a daily basis. There is no denying the high expectations and academic strength our teachers bring, but what impresses me the most, day in and day out, is the emphasis our teachers place on building and maintaining positive relationships with students. Trust, integrity, responsibility, cooperation, collaboration, compassion, empathy, commitment – these are the hallmarks of the teacher/student relationship at St. Michael’s. These relationships are powerful, and are the key to student success, tenacity, fortitude, and ability to persevere. I am so grateful to be part of such a dedicated, caring, and positive team. Cheers to our teachers!

Lastly, on behalf of all lower school staff, I’d like to thank you, our parents, for your support during this transition to distance learning. You have helped make this a meaningful and successful experience for our students. We can’t thank you enough!

Have a wonderful week.

Warm Regards,
Ms. Hart
Division Director – Lower School K-4