Happy Mother’s Day!

May 10, 2020

Happy Mother’s Day to all our wonderful moms! My siblings and I made Belgian Waffles for our mom this morning, complete with bananas, blueberries, maple syrup, pecans, chocolate chips, and last but not least – whipped cream! It’s a family tradition, and one of my absolute favorite days of the year. I hope each of you felt loved and appreciated today. You certainly deserve it!

Believe it or not, we’ve made it to the final week of remote learning. Bravo! Cheers! Way to Go! I am so proud of our school. The success we’ve achieved during distance learning is reflective of our amazing parent-teacher-student relationships, and our ability to stay the course and continue to advance academically, regardless of COVID-19 setbacks. We have continued to learn new subject matter, evaluate achievement, and connect with classmates and teachers every single day. Although there is always room for improvement, I think it’s safe to say – well done St. Michael’s!

This Friday (5.15) will be the last day of class Zoom meetings and assignments. Your child will have until next Thursday (5.21) to tie up any loose ends and submit lingering assignments. Final grades will be mailed to you in early June.

Soar with the Eagle Awards will be announced by the end of this week via your child’s classroom teacher. We will be posting a more formal awards ceremony (albeit digital) next week. Students will receive their award at the end of year check out, or drive thru celebration.

Speaking of end of year check outs (or drive thru celebrations), all digital devices and borrowed learning materials will need to be returned the last week of school. Please follow guidelines from your child’s classroom teacher. Students will also receive summer work packets, reading lists, and art portfolios during check out.

Have a wonderful week. Let’s finish strong!

Warm regards,
Ms. Hart
Division Director – K-4 Lower School